7/11/2013

Festa de Junina, activities and goodbye!

For 5 weeks Lisanne from Holland worked with us in the community centre Vila Dias. Today she write her last blog for us! Enjoy!



Festa de Junina
Today I get again the honour of writing something for the blog. This week I have been interacting a lot with the children in the community centre. Last monday the people of the community centre organized a typical Brazilian party. It's called 'festa de junina'. It is a type of party which is held in June and has a farm theme. This means the girls wear nice dresses and they dance with the boys on country music. It was really nice! We played games and we could enjoy seeing the kids dance. This was actually one of my favorite parts of the party; the dancing. Because since I arrived in Brasil, I see girls dancing with such 'sexy' moves that it really shocked me. Little girls of just 7 years old are shaking their butt and singing about sex... They follow the example of what they see on television here and also how they see the older girls dancing.  So when I saw them dancing last monday, I finally saw them as they should be all the time: them selves. No sexy moves, no dirty lyrics. Just having fun on a country number in a nice dress in stead of the really short shirts and trousers.

English in prison
From Wednesday the program was a little bit different. Luciana and Rodolpho were visiting the parents of Luciana for a few days and Annet had a course those three days so I had to do a program on my own.On Wednesday I joined the Rescue house in English lessons in a boys prison. That was so impressive! The boys were really nice but I could see sadness in their eyes. They will stay there for many moths and knowing that, causes a lot of depression a long the boys. Luckily the prison allows workshops like the English class which is a lot of fun!





Work in the community centre and goodbye
Thursday I decided to work at the community centre by myself. Although I couldn't give english lessons, because I don't speak Portuguese, I could just play with the children. I was so glad I made that decision! I had a lot of fun playing and 'talking' with the children. Talking doesn't go that smoothly of course but my attempts of speaking Portuguese was entertaining for them. Friday morning I also went to the community centre to play with the kids. I can really enjoy their faces when I just play volleyball or soccer with them. Their are happy when they play and that's of course the best way to see them. 

I now only have a few days left so I like to spend as much time with the kids as possible. I have really grown in these three months. Last week I just walked through the slum on my own to play with children who's language I don't speak.. This I would have never done three months ago. But thursday and friday I felt confident enough to just go there and work with the kids. And by doing this I got to know the kids better and had fun with them.

These kids have really touched my heart. They are all so different but so special on there own way.  I pray that God will be close to them and help them in the course of their life. I hope so deeply that they really make something of their  life and will break loose from the 'slum-life' which is filled with drugs, violence and teen pregnancies.

Friday 12th of July I will go home and I will miss the kids with all my heart but I know that God, the people from the Reborn house and the people of the community centre will look after them for me.





 Dear Lisanne, thank so much for the JOY you brought to us and the kids in the community.
We will miss you a lot!

Hug the Reborn House Team

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário