6/24/2013

You are special!





Is this your guitar? And can i play on it? 
With a big smile he starts trying to play the strings.
And he looks cool doesn't he!?


His sister also wants to play, 
so he helps her as a real big brother, 
to place the heavy guitar on her shoulders.
And she is so much enjoying it!


And here is an other girl playing the best she can on the guitar.
She looks proud! 



This is me playing the guitar. And I look happy too, you see!?
When i was a kid there was also a first time of trying to play the guitar. 
Engouraged by my older brothers and sisters i started playing and practicing.
They teached me what they knew. And i was growing in skills.

And this is what we do in the community centre, teach the kids what we know. 
Teach them what others teached us. 
This morning i have the change to teach the children a song. 
It's called "I am special"

I am special, I am special, 
because God Loves me.
And i don't care ...ahah!
Of what.... ahah!
The people say!
I AM SPECIAL!

A nine year old African girl teached me this song tree years ago.
And that song touched my heart, because she was from a group of children that often was been judged by other people. But she knew she was special. 
And she sang this truth with her wonderfull and powerfull voice.
She teached us this truth.

And because she did this, i am able to teach this song 
to the children of our english class of Vila Dias.
That they are special, no matter of what other people say. Or what they hear at home. 
And this knowlegde and truth makes the children smile.
We saw the effect when we sang for each of them, in the middle of a circle.
You are special!
She is special!
He is special!
It had again an impact on me when i was in the middle of the circle.
I am special!

How small it seems sometimes what we do, we can make an impact, 
we can put a smile on peoples faces.
By teaching what we know, and teaching what touched our hearts.

Long time ago i learned how to play guitar, 
and now i see children smiling only by seeing the guitar. 
Looking happy by having the change to play a little on the guitar.

Tree years ago a nine year old african girl teached me a nice song.
I didn't know what an impact it could have.
And she didn't know....

And the next day during our needle class, i hear an other nine year old singing over and over again:
I am special!!!



3 comentários:

  1. Wonderful! So many of the children I work with in London don't think they are special, this has inspired me in my work!

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Thank you Lydia! You have an important job to do! Keep up the good work! God's BLESS!

      Excluir