5/30/2012


Marianne Klop is Dutch girl, has 21 years old and she is in Brazil for the first time.
As a volunteer at the Reborn Project for 4 weeks, she wrote a testimonial about your experience and contact with the Reborn Project and the different work we do in the community called Vila Dias.
Check out:

Today asked to me to write something about my experience as a volunteer.
I am 21 years old and I´m a volunteer for YWAM for three months. At this moment I´m already two weeks in the Reborn House.
Before I came here, I didn´t know exactly what to expect. I heard many stories about the different houses, but I didn´t know exactly what my contribution to this Project could be. I had to surrender to the unknown and had to trust that everything would work out well. This was a great challenge for me as a Dutch girl who likes to plan everything in advance.

Luckily when I arrived in Belo Horizonte I got a warm welcome. The people were very kind to me and made me feel comfortable here. Luciana told me about the content of the work. I became very enthusiastic when I heard her story. She and Jacqeline do house visiting’s, go to community centers, give a ´Super woman´ club and help in a so called open house for children from the street. They focus during these times at the teenage girls. I value this work a lot and I was honored to joy them with their work.


Im my  first workday we went to the slum. It is odd to see a slum for real. A lot of people live their in such little space. The houses are small, unfinished and it doesn´t smell nice. The first thing I thought was that it would be very difficult to live a good life here.
One time we went to do a house visiting of a woman with three teenage daughters, which one of them is pregnant. She appreciated our visiting and was very open about her life. It was good to talk with her and to pray for her.
Despite the circumstances, the children laugh a lot and like to play. The community center is of good influence for the slums. It keeps the children of the street and they enjoy being there. One thing I missed was that the children didn´t get a valuable message. Luciana told me that they want to get more structure in the program, but that they first have to build a relationship with the leaders before they can change things. So I hope that this will happen.


The children of the open house and the girls of the super woman club did get a message along. They like it and it is good to see that they do not only consume, but also learn something.
So if I look back I can see that the things I can do is to give attention to the children, to respect them, to play and laugh with them, but most of all to pray for them. I hope that this ministry will endure for a very long time, because it is important work.


We will miss Marianne.
Receive short-term volunteers in our project is very valuable.
To learn how to come and be a volunteer here at Reborn Project, click here!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário